Friday 3 December 2010

CFA Level 1 - Tips Before the Exam

Just less than 24 hours remain before the CFA Level 1 Exam. So how does one prepare the day before the exam?

CFA Exam is by far the toughest exam I have prepared for. The volume and diversity of the study material ensures that only the brave, motivated or desperate venture into it.

So what should one do the day before the exams?

Remember the stakes? The stakes include a waste of 200 odd hours of effort, high cost of re-examination, opportunity cost of spending time reading for the exams all over again, doubtful motivation level - if you have to appear for the exams all over again!

So is desperation and pulling your hair out the answer to pre-exam preparation?
No way!

Here is a small list I have made to do today
  • Sharpen my pencils
  • Keep my admit card and passport in place
  • Check my Texas BA II Plus
  • Collect the eraser and sharpener from my children
  • Re-check the destination (exam center) and the route to it
  • Dont think about what will happen if I dont pass. For me the stakes are even higher. Age... only 5-7 % of candidates are above 35 years!
  • Sleep at least 8-9 hours the night before
  • Be positive
  • Remember there is no negative marking. Only judiciousness, commonsense and a nice reading of the questions will enable one to answer a third of the questions.
  • Do a bit of meditation in the morning. It should help me through a long 8-9 hours exam schedule
  • Glance at the CFA formula sheet for two hours or so. Go over the strengths. I plan to ignore my weak points. Not enough time to cry over spilt milk.
I have the feeling that my efforts have been 100 hours short. Well, there is always the next time!

So All the Best for tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. One thing that students can do to make sure that they pass the CFP exam is to get a preparatory course all about financial planning. This exam is not easy and you would need all the things you have learned in the time you will take the actual exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a lot of informative stuff in your article.
    CFA Classes in Indore

    ReplyDelete